This iPage Review offers information on iPage Web Hosting products, features, and support. iPage offers Linux hosting, green hosting, e-commerce, domain name services, iPage web site management, and much more. Read this to see if iPage is the web host you have been looking for.
To judge by the iPage.com home page, they offer a single shared Linux hosting plan called “Essentials.” Four things that you find in this plan that you may not find in other web hosting packages are:
• Green hosting—iPage uses 100% wind energy to power both their data centers and their offices. This means that you can display a Green badge on your website.
• North American phone agents—anyone who has gotten stuck at the point of describing an issue may appreciate receiving support from native speakers of English. (Note that this guarantee does not extend to the LiveChat service, and that—in fact—chat agents give every indication of being non-native speakers of English.
• One-click application installation for nearly 80 apps in many areas, including Shopping carts, Blogs, Forums, Photo Galleries, Content Management Systems (CMSs) and more using SimpleScripts. These include:
- Shopping Carts—Zen Cart, osCommerce, CubeCart, Agora Cart
- Blogs—WordPress, b2evolution, Geeklog
- Content Management Systems: Joomla!, Drupal, Mambo, PHP-Nuke
- Forums—phpBB, Simple Machines Forum (SMF), bbPress, Vanilla Forums
- Photo Galleries—Zenphoto, Coppermine, Pixelpost
- Social Networking—BuddyPress, Pligg
- Wikis—MediaWiki, WikkaWiki, PmWiki
- An “Any time” moneyback guarantee. Many web hosts offer this guarantee for only 30, 45 or 90 days.
The plan is inexpensive (advertised price, $4.50/month), and includes the usual attributes for this type of hosting:
- Free set-up and activation
- Free domain name
- “Unlimited” disk storage, bandwidth, and email
- Unlimited domains
You will also find a typical set up free offerings in other areas:
• Security—Features include a secure data center, secure FTP, continual network scanning, daily spam and malware scans, and business verification.
• Martketing—credits with Google Adwords, Yahoo!, Bing, Facebook, as well as a free YellowPages.com listing, a website authentication seal, and site analytics software.
• Support—iPage offers 24/7 phone, chat, and email support. They provide a knowledgebase and video tutorials.
Though iPage offers other products and services, you might never find them unless you go rooting around in the menu at the bottom of the page (they don’t appear in the top menu). These include add-ons for their Essentials plan, as well as other products and services:
- Add-ons for Essentials—These include Site Backups and Restore, an SSL Certificate, SiteLock Plus, and “Simplified SEO Service,” the last being a one-time charge, and the others available for a yearly charge.
- iPage Web Site Management—These services provide assistance for designing, webmastering, marketing, and increasing site speed.
- Domain Services—iPage also has services to protect personal information in domain registrations, domain registration services, domain transfer services, and automated domain renewals.
- E-commerce Services—iPage offers credit card processing through iPayment or PayPal.