This iPage vs. JustHost article offers a comparison of the iPage and JustHost web hosting plans. Find details on iPage and JustHost web hosting features, help, and web hosting customer service. See if iPage or JustHost has what you are looking for in a web host.
JustHost and iPage both offer shared web hosting plans that are full of features that allow a variety of websites types to be designed, created, and managed. Whether you are wishing to create a personal website or a small business website either iPage or JustHost should have the tools you need.
IPage vs. JustHost Plans
iPage and JustHost are similar in a lot of ways:
- They both offer a low cost shared hosting plan with 24/7 customer support and an anytime money-back guarantee.
- They both offer unlimited disk space, unlimited data transfer, unlimited domain hosting unlimited email accounts, and unlimited MySQL databases, a free domain name, free instant set-up and a free website builder.
- New sites come with Google and Yahoo! ad credits
- iPage’s Essential plan and JustHost’s baseline plan are almost identical in cost: iPage is $4.50/month and JustHost is $4.45/month.
The first sign of a difference is the fact that JustHost offers two levels of their plan. The JustPlan has everything described above. The JustPlan Premium, at $6.95/month, has 2 more free domains. Since this appears to be the only difference, I contacted LiveChat to find out if there were any other distinctions between the two levels of service.
IPage vs. JustHost Features
When you get beyond the basics to the features, you also find some differences.
- Control panel – cPanel for JustHost vs. vDeck for iPage
- Supported Software and Scripts — If you go to “Features for Geeks” you can find out that iPage supports Perl. SSI, and has website backup software. If you go to JustHost’s features, you find a much more robust list, including PHP 5, Perl 5, Python, Ruby/Ruby on Rails.
- Application Installer — Fantastico for JustHost vs. SimpleScripts for iPage. What does that mean? Well, here’s a summary:
SimpleScripts offers 5 blogging softwares including WordPress and b2evolution; 8 content management softwares, including Joomla!, Drupal, and Mambo; shopping carts including Magento, Zen Cart, OS Commerce, CubeCart, AgoraCart, and TomatoCart (alpha); 3 forms and survey apps including LimeSurvey, phpFormGenerator, and Advanced Poll; 5 forums including SMF, bbPress, phpBB, and Vanilla Forums; 2 Guestbooks including GBook and Lazarus; 6 Photo galleries including Commermine, Zenphoto, and Pixelpost; and 4 wikis including WikkaWiki and MediaWiki.
Fantastico offers 4 blogging softwares including WordPress and b2evolution; 12 content management systems, including PHP-Nuke, Geeklog, Drupal, Mambo, and Typo3 (JustHost also makes Joomla! available); 5 ecommerce carts including Zen Cart , OS Commerce, CubeCart, Agora Cart, and RedHad Interchange Cart; 3 poll and survey apps including Advanced Poll and PHPSurveyor, as well as phpForm Generator; 3 forums, including phpBB Forum and SMF; 1 guestbook, VIPER; 3 image galleries, including Coppermine, 4Images Gallery, and Gallery; and 2 wikis, including PhpWiki and TikiWiki.
Both offer Moodle Course Management Software and applications in other areas.
Also, looking at the feature list, you can see that JustHost’s list is designed for a more tech savvy, experienced user, who needs to know what scripting languages are available and other technical details that can’t be found on iPage’s site, even if you open the Geek-specific drop-down’s on the feature page.
IPage vs. JustHost Help
JustHost’s Help center is organized and more extensive than iPage’s. In addition to a knowledgebase and video tutorials (both hosts have them: JustHost has more videos that are easier to find), JustHost has a blog with additional articles of interest at http://www.justhost.com/web-hosting-articles/ This section of the site, called “Web Hosting Articles,” is not the same as the help articles.
IPage vs. JustHost Customer Service
Both iPage and JustHost offer secure LiveChat from the pages of their website, as well as telephone and email support. I had interactions with two iPage Live Chat reps and one from JustHost. The JustHost representative was well informed and provided accurate information. Both web hosts provide phone and email support, with JustHost having a better record for time-to-answer in a review done by Consumer Rankings.